This is a + Unbound project.
50 reflections on practical philosophy from the world’s leading thinkers.
Thinkers50 on Philosophy@Work
"Original thinkers on management are in short supply. That’s why
Anders Indset is a breath of fresh and philosophical air. Philosophy@Work is a Smörgåsbord of interesting insights to encourage and enable people to make use of philosophy in business”.
Philosophical concepts to power your business and life.
For decades management has learned lessons and absorbed wisdom from an array of disciplines: psychology, sociology, biology and more. But philosophy and the practical wisdom it embodies has been overlooked. No longer. Anders Indset is on a mission to bring philosophy into every organisations of our times.
This book will offer you 50 unique reflections on practical philosophy and on how to apply philosophy in business and leadership. It will be a comprehensive compilation of articles, interviews, and essays that brings together philosophical insights from some of the world’s leading business thinkers including: Don Tapscott, Marshall Goldsmith, Subir Chowdhury, Anil Gupta, Haiyan Wang, Stew Friedman, Gianpiero Petriglieri, Santiago Iniguez, Erica Dhawan, Mark Esposito, Dorie Clark and many more from the world's leading thinkers brought together in one book.
The starting point to a world of practical applied philosophy, a first insight into the beginning of a new era.
Philosophy@Work will cover the following topics:
- The Question is the Question: Asking questions, enjoying scepticism and the importance of the "Why"
- The Art of Thinking: Reflexion, Self-Awareness and "Thinking Time"
- The Art of Living: Aiming for "Life-Life Balance"
- Humour and Happiness: How to spread joy and make the world a better place
- Existence and Knowledge: Narratives on perception and the curiosity for empiricism
- Developing Leaders: Reshaping Leadership for the 21st century – the skills of tomorrow
- Criteria of Leadership: Coping with Morals and Ethics
- Sensory Experiences: Beyond Design Thinking and Creative Workshops
- Cultures and Stories: How to become a storymaker
COPING WITH THE FORCES OF CHANGE
- Quantum World and Metaphysics: The role of humans in times of Super Intelligence and Exponential Technologies
- The World and How We See It: Your “Weltanschauung”
- What comes after Digital: Creating a world to live in
- The 10 Postulates of Change: Coping with change and adaptability – learning how to expect the unexpected
PHILOSOPHY IN ACTION
- Debate and Dialogue: Friction and Vulnerability as the birthplace of creation and the understanding of communication challenges
- Decision Making, Validation and Plausibility: Challenging yourself to drive better results
- Creative Techniques and Creationalism; Going beyond methodologies and buzzwords
- The Right Words: Changing the world with words
Thursday, 12 July 2018
We are ready to start! Excited to get going.
Help us spread the word and invite your friends.
Follow news updates and get to know the contributors here on the page or join our community on Facebook:
Thanks for sharing and supporting our journey to bring the art of philosophy to leaders, management and the business world in general.
- Read more...
- Posted on PHILOSOPHY@WORK: Rediscovering the Art of Doing Business by Anders Indset
These people are helping to fund PHILOSOPHY@WORK: Rediscovering the Art of Doing Business.
Join in the conversationSign in to ask a question
Thinkers50 + Unbound is an exciting new publishing imprint providing leaders with the means to bring their ideas to life in book form. Thinkers50 is the world's most reliable resource for identifying, ranking, and sharing the leading management ideas of our age. Our mission is to provide innovative access to powerful business and management ideas - ideas that will make the world a better place.