Who are we hiring ?
Here at Unbound we value entrepreneurial self-starters who are confident enough to challenge how we do things and promote their own ideas. We are a collaborative and inclusive organisation and are passionate about what we do and the books we make. We care a lot about providing top level publishing services and connecting creative individuals with the audiences that can bring their ideas to life. We are changing the way publishing works to make it more accessible and we’re proud of that.
Who are we looking for:
- Self Starters
- Team Players
- Decision Makers
- Hard Workers
- Passionate Readers
- Mucker Inners
We are looking for people from all walks of life who are ready to rise to the challenge of changing the face of publishing with us. The culture here is one that supports fun, creativity, honesty, flexibility, respect and a strong appreciation for a healthy work life balance.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Operations) the successful candidate will support the finance function primarily on a transactional level, helping to ensure the sales and purchase ledgers are maintained accurately and efficiently. There will also be opportunity to assist with month end once fully immersed with the business.
There will be regular engagement with staff across all departments, resolving queries with purchase invoices and employee expense submissions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintaining the purchase ledger ensuring accuracy and completeness on a weekly and monthly basis
- Preparing the weekly payment run
- Assist the implementation and management of company-wide Purchase Order process
- Reconciling Receipt Bank transactions to all credit card and expense receipts submitted electronically by employees across the company
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a weekly basis including PayPal and Stripe
- Produce all ad-hoc sales invoices relating to sale of books and rights income, and managing cash collection to ensure debtors are collected on time
- Supporting month end process, assisting with balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining the fixed asset register, prepayment and accruals schedules
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
Must have qualifications and Software Experience
- Minimum AAT Level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent accounting, finance and bookkeeping knowledge
- Minimum 12 months experience in a bookkeeping / finance assistant role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a strong rapport across all levels
- Must be able to work without close supervision and have the initiative to deal with problems as they arise or refer them to supervisor for further investigation
- Good MS Office skills, including advanced Excel
- SME experience
- Experience of cloud-based expense / purchasing management software
- Xero accounting software
- Ideally immediately available or on short notice period
Additional Personal Attributes
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting skills in a unique, forward thinking business evolving its business model in the exciting worlds of both Crowdfunding & Publishing. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual with high attention to detail. You’ll be happy rolling up your sleeves with an outward facing approach to all tasks undertaken. This will help to ensure the finance team supports the wider business on a day to day basis.