Who are we hiring ?
Here at Unbound we value entrepreneurial self-starters who are confident enough to challenge how we do things and promote their own ideas. We are a collaborative and inclusive organisation and are passionate about what we do and the books we make. We care a lot about providing top level publishing services and connecting creative individuals with the audiences that can bring their ideas to life. We are changing the way publishing works to make it more accessible and we’re proud of that.
Who are we looking for:
- Self Starters
- Team Players
- Decision Makers
- Hard Workers
- Passionate Readers
- Mucker Inners
We are looking for people from all walks of life who are ready to rise to the challenge of changing the face of publishing with us. The culture here is one that supports fun, creativity, honesty, flexibility, respect and a strong appreciation for a healthy work life balance.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch through email@example.com. Our current vacancies are listed below.
We are looking for an energetic, organised and eagle-eyed editorial assistant to assist our Head of Editorial with the efficient running of the department and support our team of project editors working on Unbound’s exciting and wide-ranging list of fiction, non-fiction and illustrated titles.Unbound are a small and passionate team. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual who is happy to roll up their sleeves and take a collaborative approach to all tasks undertaken. We are committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Accurate maintenance of bibliographic data and the publishing schedule
- Copywriting and proofreading of cover artwork
- Accurate checking of text corrections
- Proofreading of marketing materials including weekly newsletter
- Quality control of eBooks
- Liaising with authors, agents and freelancers
- General editorial administrative assistance
Key Skills Required
- Previous publishing experience is not essential – the role offers an opportunity to learn about all aspects of editorial and book production
- Highly articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Sociable, friendly and a team player; enthusiastic and adaptable
- Meticulously organised and works well to deadlines
- A passion for books and a desire to develop a career in publishing
Salary £23k per annum. This role will be based at our London Bridge offices. Flexible working is available.
To apply send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled 'Editorial Assistant'
Closing Date: 11 July 2021