Who are we hiring ?
Here at Unbound we value entrepreneurial self-starters who are confident enough to challenge how we do things and promote their own ideas. We are a collaborative and inclusive organisation and are passionate about what we do and the books we make. We care a lot about providing top level publishing services and connecting creative individuals with the audiences that can bring their ideas to life. We are changing the way publishing works to make it more accessible and we’re proud of that.
Who are we looking for:
- Self Starters
- Team Players
- Decision Makers
- Hard Workers
- Passionate Readers
- Mucker Inners
We are looking for people from all walks of life who are ready to rise to the challenge of changing the face of publishing with us. The culture here is one that supports fun, creativity, honesty, flexibility, respect and a strong appreciation for a healthy work life balance.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch through email@example.com. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Customer Service and Operations Manager
The Customer Service and Operations Manager is an exciting and varied customer- and author-facing role in which the candidate will own the customer experience throughout the crowdfunding process, as well as managing the delivery of books and crowdfunding rewards to our customers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for a critical component of the Unbound business model, putting your stamp on the customer journey and working alongside the wider Unbound team to ensure the customer is at the forefront of what we do.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, adaptable and organised individual who is passionate about the customer and will go the extra mile to offer the best service. Our ideal candidate will be happy working autonomously as well as working with the wider business. They will also be a great communicator, enjoy problem solving and be happy to roll up their sleeves and take a proactive approach to all tasks undertaken.
Unbound is committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Advocate for the customer within all areas of the business
- Manage the customer journey and be the point of escalation for customer queries and complaints
- Solve customer issues and identify patterns to improve the customer experience and the efficiency of the customer support workflows
- Oversee the D2C stock on the Unbound website, ensuring stock is correct and arranging for restocks where necessary
- Manage the relationships with our external fulfilment partner and multiple merchandise suppliers
- Be responsible for the crowdfunding reward fulfilment critical path including:
- Managing the subscriber edition distribution schedule to deliver all pledge rewards and experiences to customers ahead of publication
- Creating merchandise design briefs and placing merchandise orders
- Managing fulfilment budgets and owning supplier relationships
- Liaising with authors to organise book signings, owning signing logistics including accompanying authors at the warehouse and assist with reward level fulfilment
- Organising live and online subscriber events
- Notifying customers of project developments or delays by sending regular project updates and fulfilment communications
- Keep the wider business up to date with all developments affecting the customer journey with regular project updates and fulfilment communications
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of operations, supporting the Managing Director and CEO with business development and ad-hoc projects
- Collaborate with other departments such as PR, Marketing and Editorial regarding author care
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to create and distribute point of sale packs to bookshops
- Liaise with relevant departments to develop new processes or product improvements to address the root causes of customer issues
Key relationships for the role
- Editorial and Production; keeping informed regarding delivery of projects and production schedules
- Commissioning and Crowdfunding; liaising on reward levels at the point of commissioning, reward fulfilment and stretch goals
- Product and development; identifying process improvements and solving issues raised by the customer
- Finance; managing crowdfunding fulfilment and events within budgets and communicating on timeline for purchasing and dispatch
Key Skills Required
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer-facing role, ideally with experience in logistics and distribution
- Has experience using customer-service software such as Gorgias or Zendesk
- Experience of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify Plus
- Sociable, friendly and charismatic – good with people
- Is curious, tech savvy and a natural problem solver
- Is self-driven and able to work autonomously, while also being collaborative within a team
- Enthusiastic and adaptable, with a commitment to excellent customer service
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and work well under pressure
- Organised and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling various projects at once
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for books is a bonus
Salary £30k per annum. This role will be based at our London Bridge offices. Occassional travel to Swindon will be required for author signings.
To apply send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled 'Customer Service and Operations Manager'
Closing Date: 22 September 2023