Who are we hiring ?
Here at Unbound we value entrepreneurial self-starters who are confident enough to challenge how we do things and promote their own ideas. We are a collaborative and inclusive organisation and are passionate about what we do and the books we make. We care a lot about providing top level publishing services and connecting creative individuals with the audiences that can bring their ideas to life. We are changing the way publishing works to make it more accessible and we’re proud of that.
Who are we looking for:
- Self Starters
- Team Players
- Decision Makers
- Hard Workers
- Passionate Readers
- Mucker Inners
We are looking for people from all walks of life who are ready to rise to the challenge of changing the face of publishing with us. The culture here is one that supports fun, creativity, honesty, flexibility, respect and a strong appreciation for a healthy work life balance.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch through email@example.com. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Lead Front-end Developer
To further support our ambitious development plans, we’re looking for an experienced and talented front-end developer to help us deliver delightful digital experiences to our global user base.
The successful candidate will own, direct and drive the development of the front end of Unbound’s suite of applications including the main website (unbound.com) and a variety of in-house and public-facing services. You will work closely with our multidisciplinary development team, based in Dublin and London, to deliver beautiful, modern and maintainable interfaces.
You will implement front-end functionality - using your expertise to decide between client-rendered React components, server-rendered ERB pages (Rails experience useful, but not required) or a hybrid approach. You will own Unbound’s in-house component library and further develop it and our style guide, in accordance with our Figma UX designs.
Unbound are a small and passionate team. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual who is happy to roll up their sleeves and take a collaborative approach to all tasks undertaken. We are committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop engaging, easy-to-use interfaces that feel natural and empower users
- Develop and build reusable code and set standards ensuring quality and industry best practice
- Own front end quality, including browser and device support
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regards to accessibility, usability and new technologies
- Share expertise with team members and mentoring junior members of staff
About our Platform
Our application’s front end has components built using React (via webpack), jQuery, and static HTML5 / CSS3. We use REST APIs to communicate with our Rails server. We use plenty of other technologies across our suite of applications’ stacks: SASS/SCSS, NodeJS, NextJS, Heap Analytics, Mailchimp/Mandrill, RSpec, Travis CI, AWS, Github, and many more.
Our process is agile, working in 2 week sprints, regularly presenting our new work to stakeholders and the rest of the business. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our workflow, and you would be part of that. We use pull requests to review code, maintain quality and learn from each other. We use continuous integration tools to automate testing and deployments. We believe in simple, maintainable, clean (and lean) code.
Key Skills Required
- Minimum 4 years development experience
- UX design experience would be beneficial
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment with a remote team
- Have a passion for high quality and obsessive attention to detail
- Be eager to learn new technologies
- Enjoy recommending novel solutions to achieve business goals
- Comfortable presenting ideas to stakeholders and able to explain complex technical ideas to non-technical people
Location: Remote working or London-based.
Salary: £60k per annum.
To apply send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled ‘Front End Developer’.