Who are we hiring ?
Here at Unbound we value entrepreneurial self-starters who are confident enough to challenge how we do things and promote their own ideas. We are a collaborative and inclusive organisation and are passionate about what we do and the books we make. We care a lot about providing top level publishing services and connecting creative individuals with the audiences that can bring their ideas to life. We are changing the way publishing works to make it more accessible and we’re proud of that.
Who are we looking for:
- Self Starters
- Team Players
- Decision Makers
- Hard Workers
- Passionate Readers
- Mucker Inners
We are looking for people from all walks of life who are ready to rise to the challenge of changing the face of publishing with us. The culture here is one that supports fun, creativity, honesty, flexibility, respect and a strong appreciation for a healthy work life balance.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Junior Commissioning Editor
Reporting to the Co-Founder and Publisher of Unbound, the role will be expected to support them in launching books on the crowdfunding platform as well as commissioning their own projects and managing these through the crowdfunding process onto delivery of the manuscript.
This is a fantastic opportunity join a small, passionate commissioning team, develop your career under the guidance of an experienced publisher and build your own list all in a supportive environment. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual who is happy rolling up your sleeves with an outward facing approach to all tasks undertaken.Unbound is committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic candidates.
- Direct support to the Publisher including:
- Assisting with setting up project pages and creating pledge levels for each project page, including collating assets for the page
- Producing accurate costings for each project
- Supporting contract negotiations with author and/or agent
- Working with the author to ensure they are fully briefed and understand what is expected from them
- Commission a minimum of one project per month
- Identify authors that will be able to successfully crowdfund their books and has potential for sales success in the trade market
- Ensure authors understand how Unbound works, how to best crowdfund and the time scales involved
- Keep up to date records on your ongoing project pipeline
- Set up and manage the project on the Unbound site as per the above support for the Publisher
- Liase with Editorial in the period between the book being funded and the manuscript being delivered
- Work alongside the Marketing team to promote the crowdfunding campaign
- Generate your own book ideas and find suitable authors to write and fund them
- Strategise with the commissioning team on new ways of commissioning, reaching new audiences, attracting new talent, ideas for growth and ways to achieve launch targets
- Contribute ideas and input to other Commissioning Editor’s projects when required
Key Skills Required
- Passion for books
- Creative and ideas driven
- Self-driven and able to work autonomously, while also being collaborative within a team
- Enthusiastic and adaptable
- Able to work well under pressure
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills
Salary £25k per annum
To apply send an email including your CV to email@example.com entitled 'Junior Commissioning Editor'
Closing Date 25th August 2020
Reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Operations) the successful candidate will support the finance function across the company from inputting invoices to producing the month end reports. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting skills in a unique, forward thinking business evolving its business model in the exciting worlds of both Crowdfunding & Publishing. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual with high attention to detail. You’ll be happy rolling up your sleeves with an outward facing approach to all tasks undertaken. This will help to ensure the finance team supports the wider business on a day to day basis.
There will be regular engagement with staff across all departments, resolving queries with purchase invoices and employee expense submissions.Unbound is committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare the month end management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations and maintain the fixed asset register, prepayment and accruals schedules
- Assisting with preparation and distribution of the bi-annual ‘Author Profit Statements’
- Maintaining the purchase ledger ensuring accuracy and completeness on a weekly and monthly basis
- Preparing the weekly payment run in the bank for approval
- Assist the implementation and management of company-wide Purchase Order process
- Reconciling all credit card and expense receipts submitted electronically by employees across the company
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a weekly basis including PayPal and Stripe
- Produce all ad-hoc sales invoices relating to sale of books and rights income, and managing cash collection to ensure debtors are collected on time
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
Must have qualifications and Software Experience
- Studied Accounting, Finance or Business during post-school education (e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA, Bachelors Degree)
- Minimum 12 months experience in a finance role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a strong rapport across all levels
- Must be able to work without close supervision and have the initiative to deal with problems as they arise or refer them to supervisor for further investigation
- Good MS Office skills, including advanced Excel
- SME / Publishing experience
- Xero accounting software
- Experience of cloud-based expense / purchasing management software
Salary up to £25k depending on experience
To apply send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled 'Finance Analyst'
Closing Date 25th August 2020