The Site is operated and owned by United Authors Publishing Limited (“Unbound”), a company incorporated in the United Kingdom with company number 07279146 whose registered office is at c/o Leigh Saxton Green, 6th Floor, Mutual House, 70 Conduit St, London, W1S 2GF, United Kingdom (“we”, ”us”, “our”). For further information about us and our contact details, please visit the Contact Us page.
2. Unbound's Obligation to You
- Remind you of aspects of 'Your Obligation to Unbound' at appropriate times during your use of our Services.
- Supply you with access to a service for crowdfunding book projects.
- Supply the Services using operating procedures designed to ensure the Service's security and system availability.
3. Your Obligation to Unbound
You agree that:
- You will accept liability for some events which may occur. See Indemnification.
- You are aged 18 or over.
- You will at all times use the Services in good faith and in a responsible manner.
- You will not allow anyone other than yourself and Unbound to access your account.
- You will use the Services solely for your own benefit and shall not sell, lease, assign, lend, hire or gift any part of the Services in whole or in part to any other person without Unbound's prior written approval.
- You will use the Services only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use of the Services by any other user and/or Unbound.
4. Security and Privacy
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Unbound immediately on becoming aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Unbound has put in place security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information collected.
5. Registration and Accounts
You can browse the Site without registering for an Unbound account. But to use some of our Services (like supporting a project on the Site), you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. You can register for an account here.
To keep your account safe, don’t:
- Tell anyone your username or password
- Give us false information
- Try to log in as someone else
- Try to bypass our security measures
- Create more than one account
- Create an account for someone else.
And please keep your details up to date.
What we do with your information
Changing settings and deleting your account
6. Your Conduct
As a condition of your use of our Services, you guarantee to Unbound that you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful and / or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account made by you including the content of your transmissions through the Services. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree NOT to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute and / or disseminate any harmful, obscene, indecent, unlawful, libellous, profane, defamatory, infringing, inappropriate, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material or information.
- Create a false or misleading identity of, including, but not limited to, a Unbound employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Transmit, email or post any material that contains in any form software viruses or such programs as including but not limited to, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means. Disseminate content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or infringes any intellectual property law or any other applicable law.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the Services.
- Behave in a manner that is inconsistent with the ethos of Unbound.
7. Unbound's Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Unbound content including but not limited to (1) text, (2) software, (3) photographs, (4) graphics, (5) page layout (6) design presented through and as part of the Services by Unbound is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site constitute trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property collectively referred to as 'IP rights' of Unbound. Ownership of such IP rights remains with Unbound. You are authorised to use such IP rights during the process of promoting and using the Unbound service hosted by the Services.
8. Fees, Credits, Subscriptions and Refunds
Unbound is free to join. To participate in supporting an Unbound project (“Unbound Project”) you must support them using credits. In return for supporting an Unbound Project you will gain access to that project’s supporter area. When the project is complete you may also receive further rewards (“Rewards”), depending on your level of support.
To support an Unbound Project you must allocate credits to that project. Credits are online redeemable points that can be used to support projects. You can acquire credits through our online store. Credits purchased within 30 days, which are not allocated to a project, can be returned for a cash refund.
Each Unbound project has a financial target (“Target”) and a target Timeframe (“Timeframe”), in which the Target must be reached for the project to go ahead. Once a project has reached its Target, the production process commences, and credits cannot be withdrawn from it.
If you subscribe to a project after the Target has been reached you cannot withdraw those credits from the project.
If you subscribe to a project and it does not reach its Target within the Timeframe, your subscription will be cancelled and all credits will be returned.
Each Unbound project has Rewards associated with it, such as a 1st edition book. Rewards are provided to subscribers on the completion of a project. In the event of Unbound failing to deliver a Reward to you, Unbound will refund the full value of your subscription associated with that reward.
9. The Unbound Reading Club
Unbound has a voluntary membership scheme called the Reading Club which users can join for a yearly fee.
Reading Club benefits: Joining the Unbound Reading Club entitles Members to the benefits laid out on the Reading Club information page for the duration of their Reading Club membership.
Duration: All quoted fees are for a one-year Reading Club membership. Your yearly Reading Club membership will continue year to year unless and until you cancel your membership. You must cancel the membership before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next year’s membership fees.
Billing cycle: The fee for the Reading Club membership will be billed at the beginning your membership, and recur year to year on the same calendar day.
Cancellation: You have a right to cancel if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to continue with your Reading Club membership. Your right to cancel the contract starts from the date on which we confirm that your application for Reading Club has been accepted, which is when the contract between us is formed.
Your deadline for cancelling the contract is 14 days after the day on which this contract was formed. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to renew your Reading Club membership, please send an email to email@example.com before the renewal date.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk.
- The information and content included in or available through the Services may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Changes are periodically added to the Services and Unbound and / or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Services at any time.
- The Services will meet your requirements.
- The Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, timely or secure.
- Defects or errors will be corrected, or that the Services or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The use of or the results of the use of the Services or the content made available as part of the Services will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
- The content of the Services input by other users is correct or accurate.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT UNBOUND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR:
- PROVIDED THAT UNBOUND HAS FULFILLED ITS SECURITY OBLIGATIONS, UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE.
- ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, SAVE THAT UNBOUND SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REMOVE IT IN ALL PRACTICABLE SPEED AFTER Unbound HAS BEEN NOTIFIED IN WRITING OF ITS PRESENCE ON THE SITE.
- CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER USER OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER'S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE;
- DATA GOODWILL;
PROFITS, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH:
- USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR RELATED WEBSITES;
- DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR RELATED WEBSITES;
- PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE;
- SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE;
- DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION;
- COMPUTER VIRUS;
- COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE;
- DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS;
- WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE - EVEN IF UNBOUND OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICES YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES AND ITS RELATED WEBSITE.
- AT ALL TIMES AND IN ANY EVENT THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF UNBOUND TO ITS USERS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL FEE PAID BY THE INDIVIDUAL USER TO UNBOUND.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Unbound, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Services.
13. Modification and Termination of the Service
- Further you agree that Unbound shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of access to the Services or modification of the Service.
15. Entire Agreement
16. Governing Law
17. Online Content
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES AND WE NEITHER ADOPT NOR ENDORSE NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY PARTIES OTHER THAN US. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE, OR TRANSMITTED TO USERS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR THE MATERIALS POSTED IN THE PUBLIC AREAS OF THE SERVICE. WE SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY SUCH MATERIAL THAT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, VIOLATES, OR IS ALLEGED TO VIOLATE, THE LAW OR THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING THIS RIGHT, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIALS YOU POST IN THE PUBLIC AREAS OF THE SERVICES AND IN YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES.