As the photography competition idea didn't work, I'm just going to create a list here of photos/photo montage images that I'd like to get hold of and see what comes in.
Any photos used in the published book will be clearly credited with the photographer's/submitter's name.
So, here's the wishlist of shots I'd love to have for the book. If I don't get them then I'll just source them and/or take the photos myself. I would love to get photos of the following:
- Old Uxbridge Police Station, Windsor Street, Uxbridge.
- A nasty looking pedestrian underpass with graffiti.
- The Cornish lobster hatchery, Padstow.
- A tiger or tigers.
- A comparative pair of photos of a citiscape and an empty landscape - maybe with the same person standing in each for contrast?
- Painted chewing gum street art by Ben Wilson and/or Ben Wilson at work (he works mostly in the Muswell Hill area).
- Someone being terrified of a spider, real or fake (as long as it looks real).
- Kids playing football - jumpers for goalposts sort of image. Modern or vintage, it makes no difference.
- Someone talking on a phone while driving - but don't get caught! Engine off! Or do the photo on your drive or somewhere else that isn't a public highway. Make it funny if you like - the image is all about distraction - so have a passenger chatting too or screaming kids in the back!
- Some people running a Three card trick scam. Three cards face up - one must be the Queen of Spades.
- Lots of snakes.
- A busy bus stop at night time.
- Desire lines (places where people have made their own path rather than following the 'proper' one).
- A busy pub full of people.
- A chimpanzee appearing to be playing darts (Photoshopped probably).
- A group of 'clubbers' all sucking lollipops.
- Groups of kids (difficult one).
- Ueno Onshi Park in Tokyo - particularly the public benches and the homeless community.
- Stumps of railings cut down in WW2
There may be more but that's a good start!