We're a month in!
Saturday, 2 September 2017
Hey everybody! How was your summer?! Over here at Camp Killing Rumer it's been a bit of a whirlwind. The campaign to get the book funded launched on 1 August, and since then loads has happened. You lovely people pledged your support in huge numbers – as it stands, the campaign's at 59% funded with 128 (I must say, rather beautiful) readers having contributed to Rumer's story.
To all of you I can only say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. This character means so much to me, and you're bringing Killing Rumer closer and closer to being an Actual Genuine Book. This is the stuff dreams are made of.
Had a busy month? Here are some things you may have missed...
- The first review of Killing Rumer went live! The lovely Lynn at Book Reviews By Lynn got a very sneaky early review copy of the book, and her glowing review is up over here. In short, she said: Joshua Winning has written an intriguing crime thriller with a kick-ass heroine. I love his fast paced writing style, and the story flowed beautifully. He is one of only a handful of male authors who I have added to my favourite authors list and I can't wait to see what he will come up with in the future.
- Rumer joined Twitter! You can follow her here.
- We have postcards now! You can get your hands on an extra special set of postcards (designed by the brilliant Louise Brock) when you select the 'Awesome Extras' pledge. (Already pledged but want the postcards? You can upgrade your pledge by logging in, at no extra cost.)
- A few new pledge levels have been released! 'Be Part Of The Story!' gives you the option of having a character named after you. And with the 'Superfan Special Collectable', you can own a signed copy of my very first draft of Killing Rumer, complete with editorial scribbles (ooo, hello behind the scenes jiggery pokery).
- I blogged! I wrote about the 5 women who inspired Killing Rumer. Check it out over here. I also revealed a little bit about why I wrote the book in the first place – take a peek here.
There are other exciting things in the works, including a series of guest blogs around the internet, all to help get Rumer's name out there.
So yes, you've all been fantastically supportive over the past month, and I'm so, so grateful. If you want to help even more, please do share this link with your book-loving friends and family members: http://unbound.com/books/killing-rumer Why not chuck them an email today?
Here's to hitting 60% and beyond!
Get updates via email
Join 209 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.