Tuesday, 10 December 2019
We went live on the BBC to help you have very happy vegan holidays!
Today, BBC World News invited us to participate in a segment about vegan Christmas!
You can imagine how excited we were.
Emi went to Broadcasting House in London, and Eva connected with Skype from Toronto.
Journalist and presenter, Geeta Guru-Murthy, hosted us and we spoke about Think Like a Vegan, veganism and Christmas and Hanukkah foods! See the clip in the linked video.
Thank you, Geeta!!! And thank you BBC producers for finding us at Unbound and taking such good care of us!!
If anyone wants us to come over and chat on their podcasts, radio shows or any other TV programs, we would be delighted to come chat!
And because it's the giving season, we've got you covered for vegan Christmas and Hanukkah.
Yes, these are all vegan:
- The best and booziest Christmas Cake and a Christmas Pudding even Dickens would love
- Latkes & Sour cream
- The best vegan panettone for 2019
- Sufganiyot (powdered jelly doughnuts)
- Gelt (chocolate coins)
- Good Rebel Vegan in Toronto (they carry gelt, panettone, advent calendars and everything you need to cook and bake over the holidays)
- In the USA, Lagusta’s Luscious
- GoodLight plant-based candles (not typical beeswax candles)
- The best vegan Advent calendars for 2019
- In London, you can get some great holiday fare at many places, including Black Cat, Rudy's Dirty Vegan Diner, Cafe Van Gogh, The Vurger Co, Les Filles (their bûche de noël is off the charts), Nora and Nama, La Fauxmagerie (for all your vegan cheesy needs), Ms Cupcake (including Yorkshire puddings), The Gate, Stem & Glory and many many more.
- All major UK supermarkets (and many in the US) now have vegan ranges of prepared foods. There are also vegan supermarkets in various cities from London to Manchester to Inverness.
- And support your local fruit and vegetable mongers too!
Keep spreading the word about Think Like A Vegan and be sure to check out the new pledge, the vegan Burns Night Supper on 25 January, which makes for a great gift and a superior bargain.
With love and gratitude,
Emi & Eva