Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Free Hardbacks For School!
Thank you for all your support with 'The Good Immigrant'. This will be one of my last updates about the project (there's one more big one still to come later on in the year). But this one is a good one and I need your help:
Unbound and Penguin Random House are kindly donating all the leftover hardbacks of ‘The Good Immigrant’ to school libraries. Which is ace and generous and brilliant of them. We have around 400 copies left and want to ensure they all go to a secondary school library in the UK.
So we have one copy per school library to send out.
If you know of a school librarian who might want one, tell them to contact me here: nikesh-shukla.com/contact with the name of the school librarian and the address of the school.
This offer runs until end of May, when I will deliver the addresses to Unbound and Penguin Random House.
Some ts and cs etc
- these are for UK schools only.
- one copy per school.
- on a first-come-first-served basis.
- the address/name you provide must be for a school (not a private address) and the school’s librarian.
- I think that’s it.
- Please just read the instructions rather than tweet me saying you want a book.
- If you’re a troll who wants to message me and make me feel bad about donating free books to school libraries, don’t be a dick. It’s a free book.
- This is an opportune time to remind you to vote.
- This is also an opportune time to remind you that ‘The Good Immigrant’ is out in paperback, audiobook and we have tshirts
This project has been a huge success because of the time, generosity and goodwill of so many people. Thank you to all of you. You all know who you are and you were all instrumental in making this happen. I love you very much.
Okay. That’s all.