Friday, 10 March 2017
The End of Politicians: Time for a Real Democracy - new video
Hi! Here's more book-related news:
- Check out my new short video, The End of Politicians: Time for a Real Democracy, which I've finished just in time for the start of my book tour.
- And here is another video - the "cuddly" version of political change using sortition, packaged as community engagement. This G1000 event is what I'm helping to organise in Cambridge this September
- Or do you want a more serious proposal? Then here is a detailed document I co-authored: "A Citizens' Assembly for the Scottish Parliament" which specifies the first step towards the end of politicians: by complementing the Scottish parliament with a sortition chamber.
And finally here's a reminder of the dates of the book tour from March 13-24, and a new Australian date on June 22:
- Brighton: 7pm Monday March 13 @ The Blue Man Cafe
- London: 6pm Tuesday March 14 @ Centre for the Study of Democracy, University of Westminster: Reinvigorating democracy through random selection
- London: 7pm Wednesday March 15 @ Housmans Bookshop
- Bristol: 6pm Thursday March 16 @ Hydra Books
- Liverpool: 6pm Friday March 17 @ The Brink
- Edinburgh: 3pm Monday March 20 @ University of Edinburgh: Is it time for a Citizens' Assembly in the Scottish Parliament?
- Cambridge: 6pm Tuesday March 21 @ Espresso Library
- Budapest: 7pm Friday March 24 @ Massolit Bookstore and Cafe
- NEW: Melbourne, Australia: 6:30pm Thursday June 22 @ Readings Bookshop, Carlton
Ebook edition and your name in list of Super Patrons in the front of the ebook