Wednesday, 20 December 2017
225 Supporter Draw
Ten Little Astronauts absolutely shot past 225 supporters - we're rapidly approaching 250 right now - so here's the draw for that copy of Myths, Monsters, Mutations I promised.
The winner this time was Marc Denton. Congratulations!
Since rather a lot of new supporters pledged after we reached that 225 milestone, I feel as though I should mention here that there will be another draw for the first 250 (if Ten Little Astronauts gets that far) and that the prize will be a brand new story - written specifically for the winner - of up to 2,000 words in length. Please do tell your friends! We're so close to 100%, and there will be further rewards if the supporter total reaches 275 or ever 300.
I also feel as though it's worth mentioning that over the course of this campaign, I've also released rather a lot of supporter-only milestone rewards that everyone has access to no matter when they pledged. To save new supporters scrolling through the updates, here's a handy list:
- 20%: An audio version of "Eleven", the opening chapter of Ten Little Astronauts itself.
- 25%: My Name Algernon, an interactive sci-fi story based on Daniel Keyes' Flowers for Algernon.
- 30%: Harvest Moon, with an audio version by Sharon E. Vennall.
- 35%: The Island and the Shapeless Beasts, a myth from the world of my prehistoric fantasy novel, Face of Glass.
- 40%: Noise on the Wire, my speculative detective horror story from Unearthly Sleuths.
- 45%: Line of Least Resistance, a short sci-fi comedy that will likely appeal to fans of Star Trek.
- 50%: Fetch, a reimagining of a well known Greek myth, written for the same MA course as Ten Little Astronauts.
- (I'll be releasing the rewards for reaching 55%, 60% and 65% gradually as we hit those in very quick succession.)
On top of all that, anybody who's pledged for Ten Little Astronauts is more than welcome to take an early look at my other big project, Girth Loinhammer's Most Exponential Adventure. I'm looking for test readers at the moment - so ideally I'd like to get feedback from anybody who receives a copy - but there's no particular commitment. If you fancy a look, get in touch through my website's contact form (or email me if you've already got my address) and I'll send it over!
Now more than ever, the success of Ten Little Astronauts depends on you. We've already got the overwhelming majority of the support we need to get a top-notch paperback distributed by Penguin Random House. The sudden surge of interest it's seen recently is largely down to existing supporters helping to spread the word. If everyone who's already pledged found one more person to do the same, we'd be on 138%, so even though time is short 100% should be entirely possible even in the little time we've got left.
Thanks again to everyone who's put their support behind the book so far: the response has been absolutely incredible.