Read with a Friend
Skype Coaching Session
Women's Sat Nav to Success Workshop
• Where women are today
• The psychology behind the challenges women experience
• Introduction to the portfolio of The Women’s Sat Nav to Success Strategic Enablers™
• Live opportunity for all delegates to carry out a self assessment against the Strategic Enablers and to develop their own personal, prioritised action plan
Plus 5 signed first edition hardback and your name in the back of the book.
Make This Book Happen
Hardback (early bird)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get my book delivered to?
How do supporter names work?
The aim of The Women’s Sat Nav to Success is to provide readers at any career stage with the practical, proven strategies and psychological insights that will enable them to have their most rewarding and fulfilling working life. Given that you can’t manage what you don’t know, this book explains the underlying reasons why women are still paid less, progress more slowly, receive less support and rarely reach the top and it then focuses on how women can succeed given those realities.
It explains the psychology that sustains out-dated, genderised beliefs about capabilities in order to enable readers to separate their views of their own potential from cultural assumptions and to enable them to anticipate and circumvent their impact on behaviour and decision-making.
A range of the most limiting myths that persist are then dispelled (‘men are natural leaders’ etc) and replaced with liberating and empowering scientific and research-based facts. The core of the book takes readers through the most potent strategies that enable women to successfully navigate the workplace labyrinth. Distilled from interviews with over 45 high-achieving women representing many fields and functions these strategies are presented in a way that recognises that work and home lives are inextricably linked and that ‘success’ can mean different things to different people and at different life-stages.
The 20 ‘strategic enablers’ are presented in an accessible, clear, interactive coaching format to enable a chapter-by-chapter development of personal insights, priorities and plans, ultimately leading to the attainment of short-, medium- and long-term career fulfilment. Every area is supported by examples, case studies, anecdotes and recommendations taken from the interviews, bringing each area to life and genuinely resonating with the reader’s work-life realities.
Quick select rewards
Diana Parkes, BSc, BSc, MBPsS, Founding Director of The Women's Sat Nav to Success Ltd.
Diana is a leading authority on women in the world of work, the challenges they face, the reasons for these challenges and the most potent and practical solutions. Her reputation is built on 20 years delivering exceptional commercial performance in front-line and senior management positions in global organisations such as Mars, Coca-Cola, Carlsberg and Glendinning Management Consultants and subsequently as a corporate coach, psychologist and social entrepreneur.
- When we are born we are already unique – both on the outside and on the inside - what we look like and what we are like in terms of personality and temperament. Through our utterly unique life experiences and contexts in which we find ourselves we develop uniquely which determines what matters and why it matters, what we value, what we believe in and what we want. Even identical twins brought up in the same home and attending the same school have different life experiences – different relationships, different perspectives, different responses. This means that we seek and are satisfied by different things in life. One of the characteristics that many of the women I interviewed had in common was great clarity on their personal values (integrity, authenticity, time at work versus home), what they wanted out of work and where their boundaries lay.Read more...
- 25th December 2018 Thank you & Merry Christmas
I just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for your support for my book, ‘The Women’s Sat Nav to Success: How to have your best career’.
I’m sure you, like me, are wondering where on earth 2018 went.
I had really hoped that it would be with you by now. As the year started it looked as if there was a serious contender for a corporate sponsor of the book but by the end of summer they decided…
These people are helping to fund The Women's Sat Nav to Success.
Debbie Debbie Edwards