Saturday, 9 March 2019
First of all, I'd like to offer a massive thank you to everyone who has pledged their support to Rory Hobble so far; it really does mean a great deal to me and without your commitment this book simply will not exist. For those of you unfamiliar with how these updates works, I, as the author, get to write them to you as and when I feel I have something to tell. Here's an idea of what you might see in these posts:
- Information on work I'm doing to promote this project.
- Background on how the book came to be, how I developed its world, characterisation, etc.
- Some of the bigger aims of this project and how I am pushing ahead with those.
You can unsubscribe from these updates, if you wish, but if you stick with them you'll be able to keep track of progress and there may well be important information further down the line.
Today, I'm going to give you an update on some of the background work that I'm doing but I would like to make an important point about your role in all of this. By pledging for Rory Hobble, this book is now our book - not just mine. Your names will all be appearing in its pages in recognition of your support.
Crowdfunding is a challenge. As authors, we make very little money from sales and so we write because we enjoy it and, perhaps, because we wish to share something with others. Rory Hobble falls into both categories for me and I really hope the book can go on not only to entertain children but to broaden their perspectives on difficult subject matter too.
So, what's in the pipeline?
- I was interviewed (and photographed, oo er) recently for a feature story that will be published by My London very soon.
- OCD Action will be putting something up on their site to alert people to the fact that my book is a thing.
- I'm going to be appearing (not really the right word, is it?) on a BBC Sounds podcast to talk about OCD.
- I'm also going to be appearing on a social work podcast in the near future.
The only thing I would ask of you is to tell people about our book, as the quicker it gets funded, the quicker you will get your copy!
That's all for now, but...I'll be back.