Monday, 25 February 2019
It's in the shops next week.
‘Our City: Migrants and the Making of Modern Birmingham.’
I hope many of you have had the chance at least to begin reading ‘Our City’ and that you feel the ‘advance purchase’ was worthwhile. I have had some really positive and heartfelt reactions from many quarters.
The book hits the shops and bookstands on 7th March. Anything you can do to promote it, especially via social media, would be much appreciated. Unbound and I are working hard at trying to get press and media coverage.
I have arranged the following meeting schedule at a range of venues before Easter where I shall speak and answer questions on the book,
1. Sunday 10th March. 14.00-17.00. Regional Labour Party meeting, Terry Duffy House, 1, Thomas Street, West Bromwich B70 6LY
2. Monday 11th March. 7.45 – 9.00. Birmingham Business Forum. Hotel du Vin, Birmingham.
3. Monday 11th March.12.30-13.30: Room 224, Education Building, University of Birmingham
4. Monday 18th March. 19.00 -20.30. Book Launch with a couple of interviewees at the Impact Hub, Walker Building 58 Oxford Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 5NR
https://birmingham.impacthub.net/event/hub-talks-our-city/ to book in advance
5. Thursday 21st March. 19.00. Human Institute, Liverpool.
6. Tuesday 26th March. 14.00-15.00. Aston University.
7. Monday 1st April. 12.30-13.30. The Library, Jacques Delors Building, Committee of the Regions, Brussels.
8. Wednesday 10th April. 19.00- 21.00. The Bookshop, Malvern.
More meetings are in the pipeline in May and June. If you’d like to suggest a potential meeting over the summer and autumn, then do get in touch either with me directly or with colleagues at Unbound. In the meantime, happy reading.