THE SWAN HAS LANDED
Friday, 30 November 2018
All over the country, all over the world,
'Odette' is landing, or so I've heard...
It's been a wonderful morning as Twitter and Instagram load up with a familiar purple, feathery image: the paperbacks have gone out to all you fabulous supporters - if you haven't received yours yet, it's on its way! The most bizarre feeling is that after all these years, people might actually get to read the book. If you've pledged to the Cover Art or the Playlist, your extra goodies should be on their way soon, too.
Thank you all so, so much for your ongoing support. I hope you'll enjoy reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it - though hopefully you'll get through it a little faster than I did.
If you do enjoy it, here are some ways you can help spread the word:
• Post a picture on social media of yourself or your favourite companion animal with the book (above: Cosi investigates);
• Share the link to buy it with your social media circles;
• Write a review, even if it's just 1 word, on Amazon or Goodreads or both (I never actually look at Goodreads because it is too terribly scary, but I think it's quite popular with readers). The number of reviews on Amazon makes a BIG difference to how books get promoted and publicised there and if one reaches 50 of them it is a gigantic boost.
• Enthuse about it to all and sundry in every possible way, written and spoken - this used to be called 'word of mouth' and is traditionally regarded by publishers as the single best way to sell books (though the cynics amongst us might note that this notion meant they didn't have to pay for advertising). Nowadays we have computers to help - but simply telling your friends that you've read a terrific book and they should read it too actually takes a lot of beating.
• Order some more copies as Christmas presents;
• Propose the book to your book club - and you could ask me to come in and do a talk :)
• Pop into your local bookshop, tell them it's brilliant [assuming you think it is] and ask them if they'd stock it, as it is the perfect Xmas present and it's a lovely colour and it ought to WALK.
• I'm sure there's a lot more, but I think that's plenty for now.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Get updates via email
Join 152 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.