Thursday, 1 August 2019
100% - Fully Funded, What Next?
[This work is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 100 years or fewer. Source: Wikipedia Commons]
- i) I submit a draft manuscript to Unbound. (It's ready, by the way)
- ii) Editor looks at it, spots where I have one person in two places at the same time, any possible law-suits (got bitten like that last time), checks that none of the book is egregiously offensive to public taste (public taste changes rapidly nowadays), points out bits that don't necessarily move the story along, but that I'll really hate getting rid of, and then sends me an e-mail full of suggestions. I will accept these if I've got any sense.
- iii) I rewrite furiously, then send a revised manuscript.
- iv) Editor looks through it again.
- v) a) no good, more work needed return to iii) or b) all good go to vi)
- vi) a cover designer is chosen with some consultation with the author
- vii) proof reading,
- viii) type-setting
- ix) printing
- x) books sent out to pledgers.
Could take 4 months, could take 14 (see ii) above).
Anyway, it will happen! Watch this space. I'll be having a launch party, somewhere...