Tuesday, 2 June 2015
Letters of Note: Volume II needs you
It's been quite a while since I ventured into my Letters of Note shed, but I thought I'd pop in to tell you all that I've been hard at work writing the sequel Letters of Note: Volume II.
I'm very aware that pledging money for something that doesn't exist yet can be a tough decision, but as you all made the leap of faith with me the first time round you will (I hope) know that the second volume will not dissappoint.
As before, these entertaining, unusual and inspiring letters will make you smile, cry and ponder the brilliance of language. It will feature 125 letters, many of which were read at the recent sell out Letters Live events in London and Hay festival, including:
- A letter from Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara to his five children, to be read in the event of his death
- Kurt Vonnegut’s letter to students at a high school encouraging them to ‘make their soul grow’
- Ronald Reagan’s official order to a teenage boy to tidy his room
- Florence Nightingale describing the horror of the Crimean War
- An entertaining letter from Tom Clancy to his friends when he was just becoming famous
It's going to be a magnificent object and the perfect accompaniment to the first volume, so if you haven't yet pledged, please do. And If you have already pledged for the second edition - THANK YOU.
I'm pleased to say that it is now finished - cue huge sighs of relief - but at 75% funded there’s still a way to go until the second volume can become a beautiful book to place next to the first. So please tell your friends and family. Share via Twitter and Facebook. You could even put pen to paper. But please do tell someone – it can’t happen without you.
Here's the link again: http://unbound.co.uk/books/letters-of-note-ii