Tell the world - help get Letters of Note: Vol II to 100%
Tuesday, 2 June 2015
Apologies for my radio silence, I've been hard at work writing so that we can get the new book out in time for Christmas. I want to wish a huge heartfelt thank you to the 1,117 people who have pledged for Letters of Note: Volume II and helped it reach 74% of its required funding so far.
I'm extremely happy to share with you all that the book is now complete. These entertaining, unusual and inspiring letters will make you smile, cry and ponder the brilliance of language. It will feature 125 letters, many of which were read at the recent sell out Letters Live events in London and Hay festival, including:
- A letter from Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara to his five children, to be read in the event of his death
- Kurt Vonnegut’s letter to students at a high school encouraging them to ‘make their soul grow’
- Ronald Reagan’s official order to a teenage boy to tidy his room
- Florence Nightingale describing the horror of the Crimean War
- An entertaining letter from Tom Clancy to his friends when he was just becoming famous
As with the first Letters of Note book, this collection is a testament to human spirit, offers a glimpse into the most private of moments and celebrates the small masterpiece of art that is the written word. It’s going to look and feel pretty gorgeous too.
But it’s not over yet. There’s still a way to go until it reaches 100% and becomes a beautiful book on your bookshelf. So tell your friends and family. Share via Twitter and Facebook. You could even put pen to paper. But please do tell someone – we only need another 456 pledges and it can’t happen without you. Here's the link again: http://unbound.co.uk/books/letters-of-note-ii
I promise it will be worth it; if you find the letters as fascinating and enchanting as I do you’ll come back and read it again and again.
Get updates via email
Join 1694 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.