Wednesday, 26 October 2022
Oh balls! Well and truly mid-40s
I turned 44 yesterday so I've had to stop hanging onto the 'I can probably still class myself as early-40s' thoughts.
44 is well and truly mid-40s. Damn and blast!
Perhaps due to a birthday coming up I've been doing quite a lot of reflecting over the past few weeks and I'll share with you what are probably the top five thoughts that have been rattling around my head.
1) The course of your life can change in a heartbeat as the result of something that seemed so tiny at the time (in my case sharing one of my direct message conversations on Twitter). Life can be tough and almost unbearable but when it throws you a curveball and you see a bit of light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel, you must grab every chance.
2) It's interesting how people come and go in life. Some only stay for a very short time but their presence and influence will always be felt, and sometimes the people that hurt you the most are actually teaching you the most useful lessons, teaching you things you can take forward.
3) Being thought of as funny or witty has become so much more of a compliment to me than pretty or 'fit' (although being mid-40s those days are far behind me anyway haha). Being able to make other people laugh through Twitter has saved me from some very dark depressions and kept me going despite sometimes doing it while crying.
4) Joining a gym, going twice a week, half-heartedly walking round looking at the machines then going to the cafe downstairs will not shed the two stone I have put on recently, no matter how much I pretend that it will just because I'm wearing Adidas leggings.
5) Writing a book is sooooooooo hard and sooooooooo stressful, especially with myriad health conditions, but I WILL finish it, it WILL be published and it WILL be ace!
Thank you to everyone for bearing with me during what is a very long process and will not be finished for a little while yet.
Much love x
Signed, first-edition paperback
Just imagine - the book funds, I get a move on and finish writing it, your copy arrives in the post, you open the front cover and… gasp… I’ve scrawled with a black marker pen on the inside! What could possibly be better than that? Actually there are a lot of things much better than that but for heaven’s sake work with me here. Anyway, for this pledge you’ll get a signed, first-edition paperback copy of the book, the ebook and your name in the back of the book among the list of patrons.
"Keanu Reeves Doesn't Love Me" mug and signed book
The first thing I do in the morning is have a coffee from my Mentally Dating Greg Davies mug (yes I do own that). The only thing I can think of that would be better than that is drinking my coffee from a mug that reminds me that one of the sexiest and apparently loveliest men in Hollywood doesn’t love me. Oh no, wait. That’s a horrible thought. Oh well, buy one anyway. Those of you with ladies in your life could always buy one for her to remind her that she may as well stay with you as she’s never going to get Keanu.
You’ll receive the mug plus a signed, first-edition paperback copy of the book, the ebook, and your name in the back among the list of patrons.