It’s been a while since I’ve been in touch. In fact, the last time you heard from me was just ahead of the hardcover publication of The Half Life of Joshua Jones, which I hope you’ve all enjoyed! It’s a great pleasure for me to be getting in touch now with the book out in paperback in just a few days.
Since the initial publication last year, I’m grateful to have received praise and support from some noteworthy individuals, including composer Max Richter and Suffragette director Sarah Gavron. Lifestyle magazine Stylist recently called it their ‘most surprising book of the year’!
Amidst all this excitement, I have a small favour to ask. If you enjoyed the book when it first came out last spring, and you haven’t already, it would be amazing to hear your thoughts either on Goodreads or Amazon. Those of you who review the book will be in with a chance to win a poster of the stunning paperback cover artwork. If you are leaving a review, let me know on Facebook or Twitter so I can easily get in touch if you win.
I also wanted to let you know about some upcoming events I’ll be doing in the weeks ahead. It’d be great to see some of you if you’re around:
● Brixton BookJam on 5 June at The Hootananny 95 Effra Rd, Brixton, London SW2 1DF
● Dartmouth Park Talks at on 26 June at The Star, Chester Road NW5 - hosting a talk called “What happens to the mind during a coma”. http://dartmouthparktalks.tumblr.com/
● Clapham Omnibus on 29 June in an evening of extraordinary true stories called "So This is What Happened" http://omnibus-clapham.org/event/so-this-is-what-happened-20/
● Canada Water on 6 July as part of StoryJam, an evening of bawdy traditional stories
● A reading with head injury charity Headway North London on 19 July http://www.headwaynorthlondon.org/events--meetings.html
Thank you again for all your support. All your retweets, likes and reviews really help spread the word!
Join 378 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.