Friday, 1 June 2018
(A Bacchanal by Jan Brueghel the Elder)
In Exile is 100% funded! You made this happen!
I reached 100% last night. Then I dreamt that someone was telling me that I actually had to reach 200%, and I woke up in a panic. But it's okay, 100% is enough, thank god...
Thank you all so much for your support, whether it was financial or emotional or both. When I started the process six months ago, if you'd told me that 149 people - friends, family, colleagues, old acquaintances, total strangers - would support my book, I wouldn't have believed you. (There's a nice example of the third conditional to confuse my students with...)
If I know you, I've already thanked you, but thanks again. And if I don't know you, and I haven't been able to track you down on the internet to message you somehow - thank you!
Special thank yous:
- Robert and Fiona, who took me to 100%.
- Those of you who not only bought the book, but also generously donated some extra money - you know who you are. I'm extremely grateful!
- Kwaku, who decided to take a chance on In Exile when no one else would. Whatever happens next with In Exile and my "literary career", it wouldn't have happened without you.
- My parents, for all the support and encouragement, and the reminders that the crowdfunding is just a part of the process. What really matters is the book...
- Valeriano, for everything.
So, what happens next?
Editing, mainly. First I need to do some work on my own, and then I'll be working with a professional editor so the book is as good as it can possibly be before it arrives in your letterbox. I'll post another update when I have some news.
Get updates via email
Join 151 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.