Saturday, 28 November 2020
Libby and Cara's Top Tips for looking after yourself over the festive season.
Hello lovely people,
Thank you to everyone that has made a pledge since our last update!! We are now only 14 supporters away from 200 and 2% away from hitting the 25% mark which will bring us to a quarter of the way there, so thank you so much for all of your support.
With Christmas only around the corner, we thought it may be helpful to share our favourite top tips for looking after yourself over the festive season.
- It's okay to say no to others, including your friends and family. It's important to remember that just because it's a holiday, doesn't mean you have to give in to the pressure of others to do things that you don't want to do. This can include socialising, eating certain foods and drinking alcohol. It is completely 100% okay for you to say no in order to protect yourself.
- Take time for yourself when things get overwhelming. The holiday season can be a great one, but it can also be a very stressful time and it is so important to take time for yourself when things get too much.
- Be gentle with yourself and don't feel guilty for feeling sad. Mental illness doesn't take a break just because it's Christmas and it's okay if you aren't feeling happy and jolly like others around you.
- Remember your self care. This doesnt have to be facemasks and nail polish and fancy bath bombs. Self care is sometimes all about going back to basics. Brushing your teeth in the morning, getting enough sleep, eating enough food, taking your medication and listing to what your body needs.
- Reach out for help from your local mental health team or from any number of helplines listed below if things become too distressing or you are struggling.
We are launching a new pledge level once we hit 200 pledges, so if you could spread the word and ask your friends and family to also make a pledge, we would really appriciate it!!
Lots of love,
Libby and Cara xo