By Gabriel Hemery
160 years after the disappearance of a promising young explorer, the discovery of his missing journals finally reveals the truth behind an extraordinary adventure
Tuesday, 4 September 2018
I am delighted to report that crowdfunding to support the publication of Green Gold: The lost journals of John Jeffrey is now complete.
Thanks to a generous donation from Forest Holidays Ltd., the crowdfunding effort has just received the much-needed final push over the line.
I had completed the manuscript even before launching the crowdfunding with Unbound, but knowing that 100% funding was approaching, I've recently revised it to complete a final writer's draft.
I'll write again soon with details of the publication timetable, and they will be posted on the book's page at https://unbound.com/books/green-gold. Meanwhile, these are the next main steps:
- I submit the final manuscript to Unbound
- Unbound initiate the editorial process (appointing a Copy Editor and Editor)
- I respond to the editors by producing the final copy
- The design team get to work
- Publication date is finalised
- Unbound marketing team get to work
- I work with partners to finalise events around the book's launch
- Book is published and Rewards issued
I cannot thank enough those wonderful people who trusted in me and supported the book's publication - THANK YOU!
If you've not yet subscribed, for a limited time (details to be confirmed) it is still possible to become a book patron. A subscription will allow your name (or a loved one's) to be appear in the book, and you will receive one of the Rewards listed, including the fabulous limited edition print by botanical artist Nicola Macartney.