Friday, 29 January 2021
Thank you so much for your ongoing support!
Hello to everyone who's committing not to be a dick in 2021 and a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR from me!
I just wanted to interrupt your day with a wee SQUEAL of excitement at the fact that we're at 55% funding (at last). Fundraising in 2020 was a huge slog and I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to say that we're getting there.
As I mentioned last time, I'm editing and re-writing some parts of the book to accommodate all the new kinds of dickery we saw cropping up in 2020. Last year was hard, wasn't it. I'm sure you had a lot more pressing things on your mind than my book, but I'm grateful anyway for all the sharing and supporting it that you did do and I'd like to remind you that it really helps the book get closer to target, so please keep doing that.
I'd like you're help again. I've set myself the task of getting to 75% before my birthday (March 7th) and, if you're up for it, plan to share the official preview of a chapter with everyone who has pledged by then. This will only be available to those who have supported the book as a little thank you from me.
Here are a couple of ways you can help me get to my funding target:
- Tell your friends and followers that you've pledged to get a copy of my book and encourage them to do the same
- Send a quick 6000 word email to your department at work about why they need to get a copy
- Nag your neighbours and postman to buy a copy (it helps if you stick a giant sign to your front door, I've found)
I'm so excited to finally get to 55% and be closer to getting the book out there.
Read with a Friend
- Two signed first edition paperbacks
- two names in the back of the book.
Don't Be a Dick Talk
- Two SIGNED first edition paperbacks
- Your name in the back of the book
- Please note: author's travel and accommodation costs not included - where you will be billed for these separately