Wednesday, 30 October 2013
Classic Horror Literature Quiz
Can you guess all of the answers to my quiz? Be one of the first three people to enter correctly in the comments below and you could win a copy of Conversations with Spirits.
1. Which M. R. James story features a supernatural toy?
A - The Haunted Dolls’ House
2. In which city is Jonathan Harker’s solicitor’s office located in in Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
A - Exeter
3. What is the name of the eponymous bloodsucker in John Polidori’s 1819 novella The Vampyre?
A - Lord Ruthven
4. What is the single word uttered by the sinister bird in Edgar Allan Poe's 1845 poem The Raven?
A - ‘Nevermore’
5. W. W. Jacobs’ classic short story The Monkey’s Paw was originally released in which 1902 horror anthology?
A - The Lady of the Barge
6. Which 1794 Gothic novel is referenced by the governess in Henry James’ The Turn of the Screw?
A - The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
7. In Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, how does the monster discover that Frankenstein is his creator?
A - He reads it in the Doctor’s papers