Monday, 3 April 2017
Have you seized your book?
Well, after nearly four years of intellectual toil, it's done. As you can see from the photo, I've just been in the Unbound offices signing copies of Carpe Diem Regained, hot off the press. By now you should have your own copy in your hands, or it should be arriving in the next few days. Thanks to the good folk at Unbound, it really is an object of beauty - I think the cover is absolutely stunning and I love the secret message stamped onto the front of the book.
But this is where I really want to thank all of YOU! Bringing this book to life has been a remarkable journey and I couldn't have done it without you. To me, as an author, it has made a huge difference to know that there are nearly 500 people who have put their faith in this creative endeavour.
The book's real journey, however, is only just beginning, and I'd be delighted if you were able to help send its ideas out into the wider world. If you're up for seizing the day, here are a few things you could do:
- Take a photo of your book (maybe somewhere surprising) and post it on social media
- Share the new website for the book, www.carpediem.click, which contains a unique series of 'click essay' extracts from the book (try a few out for yourself!)
- Email a few friends and invite them to buy a copy from their local bookstore or Amazon
- If you'd like to write a short book review, posting one on Amazon would be hugely valuable - they make a big difference
- Come to one of the events I'm doing and say hello! First up is a secular Sunday Sermon at The School of Life in London on April 9, which promises to be great fun. There are more events here.
Thanks for any help you can give to spread the word. I hope you enjoy the book and that it offers unexpected inspiration.
Best wishes to you all, and carpamus diem - let's seize the day together!