Thursday, 26 July 2018
It's been three months since publication and so I thought I would give you all an update on how Breaking The Foals is doing. First of all, it would be greatly appreciated if those of you who've had a chance to read it could leave a quick review on Amazon here. At the time of writing, I have six reviews up there (all five stars, which is encouraging) all from people I've never even met! Reviews are really important though because Amazon give books that have at least 50 reviews a lot more exposure and increased marketing. So, please do take just two minutes to leave your rating and your comments.
Now, here's what's going on at the moment:
1. Launch Party - I've had no luck with three bookshops I've approached to do a launch party (for various reasons), and I think we're now moving out of the 'launch' period anyway, so I will probably abandon these plans, unfortunately.
2. Blog Tour - I enjoyed a very successful blog tour in May/June and was well reviewed by all bloggers involved, which generated more exposure.
3. Brixton BookJam - On Monday 4th June, I appeared at the Brixton BookJam and read from Breaking The Foals - here I am reading!
4. Gardners - Gardners is a leading UK wholesaler of books and Breaking The Foals has been sold out three times over on there, which is cool.
5. Future Appearances - On 6th October, I'm appearing on a literary panel at Waterstones Nottingham, discussing historical fiction and doing a reading from Breaking The Foals.
6. Future Reviews - I will soon have reviews from the Historical Novel Society, The Cambrdige Journal of Classics Teaching and, hopefully, the Croydon Citizen.
Anyway, that's all for now - just thought I'd let you know how things are going. Thanks, as ever, for your support.
Get updates via email
Join 60 other awesome people who subscribe to new posts on this blog.