Wednesday, 30 June 2021
A Gothic Cookbook: Project update
Just a note to say thank you to all of our supporters so far. We're not quite a month into funding and are close to a third of the way there, so hopefully it shouldn't be long until our beautifully illustrated cookbook goes into production.
The quicker we reach our funding target, the quicker you get your hands on the world's first comprehensive cookbook inspired by food in Gothic literature.
We appreciate any ways people can share/shout/spread the word about A Gothic Cookbook and help get it into hands and kitchens quicker, such as:
- Pledging, if you haven't already.
- Sharing the link on social media and with anyone who might be interested – this makes a huge difference and is how many of our supporters have found out about the book.
- Telling any friends, family members, colleagues, the server in your favourite cafe. Anyone who loves cooking, books, cooking the books, illustrations, food, Gothic literature...
- If you have pledged, and of course if you can afford to, consider adding a donation or upgrading to one of the higher levels. We've just added Gothic Pet Portraits – bespoke hand-drawn illustrations of your beloved beagle/budgie/bunny by the book's artist, Lee Henry.
In the meantime, we're continuing to perfect the recipes that will feature in the book, sharing images and other content on Twitter and Instagram. Follow @agothiccookbook for updates and sneak peeks of recipes and artwork, plus musings on the edible and the Gothic.
And, finally, thank you for believing in our rather unusual cookbook!
Alessandra, Ella & Lee
- Your name in the back of the book
Gothic Pet Portraits
A beautiful, drawn-to-order portrait of your beloved animal companion, whether gerbil, guinea pig or Great Dane. Hand-drawn in a gloriously Gothic style by Lee Henry, illustrator of A Gothic Cookbook, and including your pet's name.
Your Gothic pet portrait will be printed in colour on A3 high-quality 300gsm paper.
LIMITED TO 10.
- Signed first edition hardback
- Your name (or your pet's name, if you'd prefer) in the back of the book.